What does that include? Obviously more space, but is the extra space worth it?
Here was my thinking:
This is a “once-in-a-lifetime” type of trip. I’m going ALL IN!
My husband does not enjoy traveling as much as the kids & I do, and this upgrade was mainly for him to feel more comfortable. He is claustrophobic, needs alone time & quiet time, and he doesn’t like crowds. Sometimes he doesn’t even like people.
The suite turned out to be the perfect amount of room for him to feel relaxed and comfy. Not only was the room spacey enough to sit & read or lay down, but also the private verandah was large and lovely. He spent hours and hours on the verandah, staring at the beautiful sites. Just for this reason, the suite was worth the extra massage hours I put in to pay for it. To watch him leaning on the verandah rail, calm, relaxed and happy was great and a small price to pay for him to enjoy the time.
For us it was worth it for several other surprising reasons: The daily laundry service! OMG, I’ll take it! Pick up, wash, dry, fold & deliver?? Are you kidding? Awesome!
The breakfast delivered in bed…yes please! We really enjoyed this feature and took our food out on the verandah to have breakfast with the ocean. So lovely to drink tea out there!
The concierge! She helped us with dinner reservations, any questions we had about the trip, our room, etc. She checked on our shore excursions even when they weren’t booked through the ship! And she was in the Neptune Lounge which had snacks, drinks, movies, computer access, magazines, etc, right across the hall from our room.
The daily High Tea delivered to our room! Yummy! Can you say “weight gain”? I felt like we never stopped eating! But the food was delicious.
Is the suite worth it for you? It really depends on:
- How much time you want to spend in your room…some people are only in their rooms to sleep
- How comfortable you are in public spaces…because there are some LOVELY public places all over the ship, so staying in your room is not really needed.
- Is a verandah important to you? Again, there are many places to sit and watch the views/water NOT in your room.
- If the verandah is important to you, do you need a big one? Because you could get the smaller verandah for much less.
- The price
- More space
- Large verandah
- Extras that come with the suite: laundry service, food delivery, concierge, luggage delivered first in/out, and list of more.